We want your driving education experience to a great one. In order to make that happen, it helps when all parties understand our policies and procedures. Please take a few minutes to read them.
First Day of Class:
- Enrollment forms must be completed prior to class. If you pay on-line, call the office and make arrangements to either come in and complete or request them to be left on our mailbox for you to pick-up, complete, and leave in mailbox.
- If you pay on-line your receipt is your confirmation. We contact you if we need clarification or if there is an issue with that class date/time.
- Payment for class. You can pay half on-line or cash in the office. The other half is due before the last day of the classroom. No driving will be scheduled until all fees are paid.
Course Completion Deadline:
- Students have 90 days (3 months) to complete the course (driving and make-up classes.)
- $40.00 for missed in-car lessons without 48-hour notice unless a doctor’s note is furnished. This includes ADULT driving lessons as well.
- $40.00 for returned checks
- $40.00 for issuance of duplicate certificate
- $250 extension fee for exceeding contract limit–will give the student 30 additional days for in-car lessons to be completed Must be paid in cash & receipt given. If over a year, the extension is at the discretion of the director but the fee will increase. Watch your contract time limit.
- Replacement/repair charge for intentional damage to the school (including, but not limited to, writing on tables/books/building, etc.)
- A full refund (minus any fee if paid on-line) will be made to any student who cancels the enrollment contract before midnight of the third day, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays, after the enrollment contract has been signed. If your child has atttended any classroom days, there will be the admin fee plus any classroom day charges before a refund is issued. If you want your child to attend a different month, payments will be refunded minus fees and you must re-enroll for the other month. We do not “roll-over” registration.
- Refund computations will be based on the actual instruction received through the last day of attendance.
- The effective date of the termination for refund purposes will be the earliest of the following:
-The last day of attendance, if the student is terminated by the school
-The date of receipt of written notice from the student
- If tuition is collected in advance of entrance and, if after the expiration of the 48-hour cancellation privilege, the student does not enter school, terminates enrollment, or withdraws, the school may retain up to $50 as administrative expenses and, from the remainder, shall refund that portion of the classroom tuition and fees and behind-the-wheel tuition and fees for services not previously received by the student.
- Refunds for items of extra expense to the student, including instructional supplies, books, laboratory fees, service charges, rentals, deposits and all other such ancillary miscellaneous charges will be made within 30 days after the effective date of enrollment termination, if these items are stated separately and shown as part of the data furnished the student before enrollment.
- A full refund of all tuition and fees is due and refundable in each of the following cases:
-When an enrollee is not accepted by the school
-If the course of instruction is canceled by the school
-If the student’s enrollment was procured as a result of any misrepresentation in advertising, promotional materials of the school, or misrepresentation of the school.
- Refunds shall be completed within 30 days after the effective date of termination.
The school does not guarantee the student a driver’s license.
The school reserves the right to reschedule a lesson (including classroom instruction) or to make available to the student an alternate instructor or car in the event of inclement weather, unavailability of the instructor, or any other factor beyond the school’s control.
The school is prohibited from issuing a certificate of completion if the student has not met all of the requirements for course completion.
Gulf Coast Driving Academy maintains business vehicle insurance as required by the Transportation Code, Chapter 601, and uninsured or underinsured coverage.
A student may be dismissed or barred from the classroom and in-car instruction for:
- Tardiness, students will not be allowed into class after 10 minutes (State of Texas rule, not ours.) Students must be counted absent for that hour and will have make-up work.
- Drunkenness or consumption of alcohol or drugs on the premises or in car
- Rude, vulgar or disruptive behavior in the classroom or car
- Smoking in the classroom or car
- Being generally inattentive (sleeping, reading, etc) during class or observation
- Usage of cellular device/s in classroom or car
Students dismissed or barred from the classroom and in-car instruction for violating rules of conduct may be admitted at the discretion of the school director.